Health Claims Advocates has been working for hospitals in reworking accounts when other agencies fail to obtain Medicaid coverage. Historically, Health Claims Advocates has recovered over 10 million in A/R for McLaren Health Care Corporation on accounts deemed not Medicaid eligible by other agencies. Additional working capital from Medicaid reimbursement can be found within your charity, self-pay and bad debt accounts!
Let us review your bad debt and charity accounts that are greater than $10,000.00 from 2012 to current. Our fee is contingent on securing insurance payment. See additional services that we offer in our brochure. We would appreciate an opportunity to discuss how we may increase your cash flow in 2016! Please call 888-869-3884 for an appointment to discuss how Health Claims Advocates can increase revenue for your facility.
Are you aware that State of Michigan is recovering Medicaid payments retroactively for newly eligible disabled Medicare recipients?
These take backs are extremely time sensitive. The only hope for prevention of this loss is an immediate referral to Health Claims Advocates. Our agency recently intervened in Medicaid recovery of accounts dating back to 2011 for a single patient totaling $500,000.00.
Our professional staff are successful where other's fail. Our staff includes health care providers, Accredited Disability Representatives and former social service workers to make sure every potential resources is pursued.
We enhance your revenue by bridging the gap between the healthcare needs of the uninsured, under-insured, and disabled populations and their ability to pay for health services. Our commitment to service with professionalism and compassion reflects on the hospitals which we serve. Let us increase revenue to your facility and benefit your community by reducing homelessness.
Accounts that we have expert knowledge in:
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Victims of Crime Compensation
- VA Claims
- Assisting your clients with Social Security Disability
- Activation of previously denied Medicaid
- Assist with Medicare part B eligibility
- Assist hospitals with Medicaid take backs
Health Claims Advocates Statistics.
- 95% Social Security court cases approved
- 5.4 Million in resolved billings on account previously closed by other agencies
- 85% of the accounts referred to HCA were previously worked and discarded by other agencies
- Experienced staff that are able to take a personal approach to each account
Claims we would like to review for your hospital
- Current self-pay accounts
- 2-3 year old bad debt and charity accounts
- Accounts considered non-collectible
- Waiver program for healthy adults
- Spend Down
- Pregnant Women
- Adding Medicaid for those on Medicare results in extra revenue from Disproportionate
- Identify and assist with payments for private insurance via Cobra rules
Patients without Medicare Part B are essentially uninsured for outpatient services even when eligible for Medicaid and Medicare Part A. We secure Medicare Part B for low income individuals.
Identify those on Medicare who may qualify for dual eligibility with Medicare and Medicaid to increase your DHS payments.
Medicaid payment recovery may occur due to retroactive Medicare Part A. We fight for concurrent coverage through the Medicare Savings Program to allow Medicare Part B to start retroactively.
- Assist with entering bill to the VA and following payment issues
- We screen for VA disability benefits to improve veteran’s quality of life.
- Why is Social Security beneficial to your facility? Social Security benefits for those under the age of 65 leads to Medicare.
- Income to your client prevents homelessness. Stability in housing allows medical issues to be addressed and increases revenue.
- Dual eligibility for Medicare and Medicaid increases your DSH payments.
- Identifying those eligible for SSI will secure Medicaid without regards to changes in the Affordable Care Act.
+ CRIME victims
- Michigan Victims of Crime fund has ample reserves.
- Payment is up to 25,000.00 per incident for health care costs.
- Identify those eligible for uninsured motorist coverage.
- Assist with difficult auto claims payment issues.
+ FOR HOSPITALS
- Increase cash on hand by evaluating past accounts from earlier years. With our help, Social Security approval can translate to Medicaid or Medicare insurance.
- Rather keep the work in house? If you wish, use your current hospital staff. Medicaid reform has made it easier than ever to obtain state insurance. Why not use financial counselors or DHHS in house workers to initiate Medicaid applications? We can follow and if needed come on board if insurance is not secured by your in house financial counselors within 45 days from date of service. Our agency will begin the Social Security disability claim to insure that SSI benefits will be within the three month retroactive period for Medicaid.